Parker Hannifin has introduced SplashShield hose sleeve, a new abrasion-resistant, protective sleeve that serves as a splash container to deflect hot oil or other fluids conveyed by the hose away from sensitive controls and reduce the need for hazardous material cleanup. Not only does it protect the hose from fluids spraying on the hose, but it also reduces the risk of hose failures that could occur due to hose-to-hose or structure contact.
SplashShield hose sleeve will remain in place without zip ties or clamps, yet is flexible enough to bend with the hose. This “Made in USA” product is especially effective in construction industry applications where oil or other fluids can potentially damage a system. Unlike a spiral guard, the SplashShield sleeve is a non-stick, easy-to-clean cover, eliminating the problem of cleaning between helixes. It is also an effective solution for bundling.
Parker’s SplashShield sleeve is available in sizes to cover hoses from 0.67-in. O.D. to 2.13-in. O.D. Key performance-based features and benefits include:
• Exemplary abrasion resistance
• Protects hoses and other elements from external hot hydraulic oil
• Easy to clean versus other protective covers
• Does not slide down the hose
• Multiple sleeves may be linked together to use on longer assemblies
• Light weight
• Custom colors to color code hoses by pressure, system line or hose type