Midland Metal recently expanded its line of hydraulic quick disconnects with the addition of the Wing Nut and Flat Face ISO 16028 interchange.
Midland Metal 61 Series wing nut is a heavy-duty, thread-to-connect quick coupling capable of containing a variety of fluids. Available in brass and electroless nickel plated steel wing, this series features minimum air inclusion during connection and minimum fluid spillage during disconnection.
In addition, the Flat Face series steel quick disconnect couplings are interchangeable half-for-half with other brands meeting International ISO 16028 dimensional requirements. The 1/2-in. ISO body size is the industry standard for the skid-steer loader industry, rated at 4,000 psi.
Midland’s flat face, steel quick disconnects employ flush valve technology when connecting or disconnecting. This prevents fluid drain when mating the nipple and coupling. The couplings are also designed with a sleeve locking mechanism when rotated to prevent accidental disconnection if dragged, in heavy vibration or damaged during use. In addition, the sleeve is designed to prevent dirt from entering the internal construction of the coupling by covering the retaining ring, as well as an additional dust seal in the near the spring.
- machined components are manufactured using solid steel bar stock
- stainless-steel balls, retaining rings and springs maximize corrosion resistance and ensure reliable connections every time
- steel componentry is plated using ROHS compliant trivalent technology for corrosion resistance
- steel coupler sleeves and nipples are hardened for maximum resistance to damage from hydraulic and mechanical shock
- anti-blowout Nitrile/PTFE bonded seal helps prevent blow-out or damage during severe service condition
The thread-to-connect Wing Nut hydraulic quick disconnect is ruggedly built to withstand hammer blows and extreme conditions commonly used to tighten and loosen the coupler. The flush face valve design keeps air inclusion or oil spillage at a minimum. Additionally, the brass construction makes this coupling compatible with a wide range of functionality. The external o-ring prevents contamination and serves as an indication of full connection when completely screwed together.
- machined components are manufactured using solid steel and brass bar stock
- stainless-steel retaining rings, and springs maximize corrosion resistance and extend service life
- steel componentry is plated using ROHS compliant trivalent technology
- rugged steel wing nut for threaded connect and disconnect operation